Friendly reminder that there are certain foods that are dangerous to your pets this holiday season.
Here are thanksgiving things you should NOT feed your furry family member:
- Turkey bones. Bird bones tend to splinter and cause a tear in your pup’s stomach or digestive tract
- Allium vegetables. This includes onions, garlic, leeks, chives, scallions and shallots. Onions and garlic are a big no-no that can cause red blood cell damage. Not only the veggies themselves, but anything cooked with them should not be given to your pet.
- Grapes or raisins are toxic and can cause acute kidney failure
- Seasoned turkey… or anything that has seasonings in it. That includes the drippings
- Dairy products. Unless you want a messy cleanup, skip giving these to your fur baby
- Chocolate desserts or sweets. A big NO, especially since sugar substitutes can be deadly
You can cook up a pet safe Thanksgiving meal for your furry baby, just do research first.
Source: Huffington Post