While a lot of people profess to love America, there are certainly areas of the country that are more patriotic than others. And in honor of the upcoming July 4th holiday, WalletHub has revealed which states show off their patriotism the most.
- The site just released their list of the Most Patriotic States in the U.S.
- They compared each state on 13 key indicators, including share of adults who voted in the last presidential election, share of enlisted military population, AmeriCorps volunteers per capita and more.
- Based on these criteria, the site named New Hampshire the most patriotic state, earning a score of 63.97 out of 100, landing in third for civic engagement.
- Utah, which ranks sixth overall, is tops for civic engagement, while Alaska, fourth overall, is tops for military engagement.
Top Ten Most Patriotic States
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- As for the least patriotic state, New Jersey earns the “honor,” with a score of just 22.12, landing in 48thfor military engagement and 43rdfor civic engagement.
Ten Least Patriotic States
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
Click here to see where your state falls on the list.