Goin' downey ocean, hon?
Get ready to sit in traffic!
Just goin' to Fed Hill this weekend and not OC?
You know that super cool app that you and all your friends have called Uber? Well if you order your Uber through ShopYourWay, you get $2 back from every car ordered!
Click here ➡ Promo Code: iHeart
When to travel:
Travel off-peak when heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The best times to travel the Bay Bridge this weekend include:
Thursday/Friday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Saturday – before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
Sunday/Monday – before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
MDTA officials anticipate the following number of vehicles to travel its toll facilities between Friday, May 25, and Monday, May 28:
- Bay Bridge (US 50/301) – more than 348,000.
- John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway (I-95) – more than 464,000.
- Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95) – more than 488,000.
An additional 587,000 vehicles are projected to travel the Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695), the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895), the Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge (US 40) and the Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge (US 301) combined. All totals represent traffic in both directions.
Best Bay Bridge drive times for 🇺🇸Memorial Day weekend include: Today/Friday (before 10am & after 10pm), Saturday (before 7am & after 5pm) and Sunday/Memorial Day (before 10am & after 10pm). Travel tips here https://t.co/tFHpMNGgSf 1-877-BAYSPAN #mdtraffic pic.twitter.com/sf3eFZ0GIN— MDTA (@TheMDTA) May 24, 2018
- I-95 improvement project north of the Fort McHenry Tunnel traffic pattern currently features no right shoulder and only a small left shoulder southbound and no right shoulder and only a small left shoulder northbound. All lanes are open in both directions.
- I-895 Patapsco River Flats bridge deck and superstructure replacement continues. Current traffic pattern features two-way traffic (one adjacent lane in each direction) 24/7 on I-895 across the Patapsco Flats bridge near Baltimore/Washington Parkway. Motorists should consider I-95 as an alternate route.
- I-695 Curtis Creek Drawbridge Preservation Project has a traffic pattern featuring two-way traffic (one adjacent lane in each direction) 24/7 south of the Francis Scott Key Bridge.
Most importantly - the weather:
Sadly, this holiday's forecast includes possible thunderstorms or showers. The sun will be there for a portion of the day, but rain will start to happen around 5PM.
An unsettled #MemorialDay forecast on tap for Monday... Spotty thunderstorms will move in over the weekend with about a 50% chance for the holiday, especially during the afternoon... Even some downpours possible. Highs near a muggy 80. pic.twitter.com/k71qqwwS3I— Jonathan Myers (@wbffweatherman) May 24, 2018